Author Fina Scroppo understands the challenges of balancing an extraordinarily busy work life and family life. Like other empowered moms, she fits a ton of activities into her day but despite all the chaos, at the end of it, she looks forward to sharing a home-cooked meal with the people that matter most to her. It’s the reason why she produced The Healthy Italian cookbook.
The Healthy Italian is more than just a cookbook. What makes it extra special – besides the fact that it’s packed with delicious authentic Italian recipes made healthy, pages and pages of mouth-watering photography and tons of tips to get meals on the table easier – is that this project is a personal passion. Growing up Italian, food has always been at the epicentre of Fina’s life. Today, as a busy mom and passionate home cook, she leans on what she knows best – Italian food. But the challenge there has been to cook Italian healthfully without compromising taste, fit it into her day and feel good about serving those meals to her family. That was the seed for The Healthy Italian.
After more than two decades working as an editor and writer, Fina is merging her vast journalism experience with her love of Italian food and cooking. She is no stranger to successful bestselling books. Fina has also been a book editor for many book titles, including the blockbusters The Looneyspoons Collection and Eat and Shrink & Be Merry! by Janet and Greta Podleski, as well as The Wealthy Barber Returns by David Chilton.
Throughout the cookbook, you’ll see glimpses of the personal connections Fina makes to this incredibly versatile cuisine through stories that will entertain as well as inspire readers not only to lead a healthier lifestyle but also to sit down and enjoy a delicious homemade meal with their families.
With The Healthy Italian, it has never been easier to enjoy a nutritious, mouth-watering meal with family. Every recipe includes captivating photography and at-a-glance icons so the home cook has instant information on preparing meals. Fina has paid particular attention to convenience in every recipe but, more importantly, she focuses on great taste – her family wouldn’t have it any other way!
The Healthy Italian is a must-have resource for home cooks who are passionate about good food and nutritious eating. After all, it’s about cooking for the love of food and family.
OTHER HIGHLIGHTS ABOUT The Healthy Italian:
From scrumptious pastas to fast frittatas to even decadent desserts, savor 150 authentic recipes just like Nonna used to make – only better for you! Here’s just a taste of recipes on its pages:
- Mom’s Lasagna (Lasagne della Mamma)
- Sicilian Pizza (Pizza alla Siciliana)
- Italian-Style Meatloaf (Polpettone Italiano)
- Rice Balls (Arancini)
- Eggplant Parmigiana with Quinoa (Melanzane alla Parmigiana con Quinoa)
- Light Raspberry Tiramisu (Tiramisù Light ai Lamponi)
- Chocolate-Pear Torte (Torta di Cioccolato e Pere)
The Healthy Italian is also packed with tips, make-ahead options, nutrition information, full-page photography and many surprises. Some of the highlights include:
- Your favorite Italian dishes made healthy without compromising taste;
- Recipes with good-for-you ingredients, such as whole grains, fresh vegetables, better fats, lean meats, lower-sodium broths and lower-glycemic options;
- Vibrant, engaging pages that feature color photography for every recipe;
- Attractive icons to give the home cook instant information on preparation, including labels like gluten-free, meatless, make ahead, 30 minutes or less;
- A Healthy Italian Pantry section that helps you stock the essential staples for easy, healthy meal preparation;
- Photo essays that celebrate the Italian heritage and inspire you to enjoy meals with the people that matter the most to you; and
- Personal, heartwarming stories about the author’s connection to food and family.
The Healthy Italian cookbook will be available in major booksellers across the country starting November 4, 2013. The suggested retail price is $29.99 and it is available through major booksellers, including Chapters-Indigo, Costco and other bookstores.